The centralised registration process for FIRST STEPS has been removed and consequently, your housing association should no longer be asking for a FIRST STEPS number. If the housing association insist on it, the staff member in question should contact the GLA for clarification.
- You have a FIRST STEPS user account opened prior to late March 2013 and are trying to log in with your old account details. Since April 1st, FIRST STEPS has been hosted by a new provider, property portal sharetobuy.com, and for reasons of data protection you are required to re-register here.
- Your have forgotten your password or are entering the wrong one. Please try to reset your password.
- If the automated email with your new password has not come through, or for any other problem logging in that is not covered by the above, please contact our IT team.
- If a message appears that your email address is ‘already on the system’, this may mean that you did successfully register without it being apparent that you had done (e.g. because the internet briefly timed out). In which case, please try to log in to see if you have in fact successfully registered.
- A combination of characters you have entered may not be recognised. For this or any other failed attempts to register, please contact our IT team.
The best way to contact the housing providers about specific properties is to use the email form available, and once you have registered this only takes seconds to complete for each property you are interested in. However, the volume of such enquiries can be significant at times so if you do not receive a response to your emailed enquiry within a few days, you can find the telephone number of each provider on the left hand side of any property details page (but you must be logged in).
Sharetobuy.com is a property portal, and like other property portals, we do not have a central call centre to take general enquiries; instead, we put you in touch directly with the housing providers who sell affordable homes and have staff ideally placed to take your enquiry. As long as you have registered and are logged in, you can see the providers’ contact details on the left hand side of any property details page (but you must be logged in).
You may call the housing provider of any property found on Sharetobuy.com. To find the housing provider's telephone number you must be logged in to your user account and searching for properties. From your search results click the property you are interested in and you will find the telephone number on the left of the full property details.
20th November 2017
Is saving for a deposit holding you back from moving in to your own home? Saving money can be hard, but with these ten money saving apps available at your fingertips, you’ll soon discover how to put away the pennies and you’ll be ready to move in no time.
20th September 2017
Shared Ownership Week returns for its fifth year, 21st - 27th September. Shared Ownership week raises awareness this home ownership scheme which offers a life line to thousands of first time buyers.
19th September 2017
Countdown to the London Home Show Autumn 2017: Our sponsor Crest Nicholson give you the low down on their fantastic development Dylon Works, available via Help to Buy London.
18th September 2017
Countdown to the London Home Show Autumn 2017: Hear Marco and Olga's story about buying their first home for their young family with Notting Hill Sales.
If you cannot find the answer to your query in our FAQs, please feel free to contact us.