Saturday 23rd March saw over 4,000 potential buyers attend the London Home Show Spring 2019 – the capital’s biggest event for first time buyers! The free-to-attend event, hosted by Share to Buy, was the biggest to date with 55 exhibitors all under one roof. A range of Shared Ownership and Help to Buy providers, alongside…
Jargon Busting: London Home Show in 30 seconds or less
What is the London Home Show? Is it just for first time buyers? What can I expect on the day?
As part of our Jargon Busting in 30 seconds or less mini-series, we’ve explained exactly what the London Home Show is and what you can expect if you attend this bi-annual event.
The London Home Show is an exhibition style event hosted by us here at Share to Buy.
The event is aimed at helping buyers get a foot onto the property ladder via affordable home ownership schemes such as Shared Ownership and Help to Buy.
Taking place every March and September at the QEII Centre in Westminster, the London Home Show brings together housing providers, conveyancing solicitors and mortgage advisers, meaning that you can have all of your home buying questions answered under one roof.
So what can you expect if you attend?
- Face to face conversations with London’s biggest providers of affordable homes.
- Free impartial advice from mortgage advisers and conveyancing solicitors.
- Advice on the home buying process; it doesn’t matter whether you’re a first time buyer, upsizer, downsizer or coming up to retirement!
- Live Ask the Expert Q&A sessions, featuring a panel of housing experts covering everything from the basics of Shared Ownership and Help to Buy, to perfecting your credit score and understanding eligibility criteria.
- Exhibitors will be showcasing the best of their available and upcoming developments across London and the Home Counties.
- Tickets are completely free, however you do need to register to attend.
The next London Home Show is taking place on Saturday 22nd September. You can register for your free tickets at sharetobuy.com/homeshow.
* * *
Share to Buy is a one stop shop for affordable homes. On our website, you can search for properties, compare mortgages, and find out all you need to know about alternative home buying schemes using our FAQs and guides.
Five benefits to buying a new build home Buying a Shared Ownership home from a Housing Association like Peabody could mean you will be buying a new build property, rather than a second-hand home from an existing leaseholder, which is known as a resale property. Most new build properties are bought when they have not…