Share percentage 45%, full price £235,000, £5,288 Min Deposit.
Monthly Cost: £908
Rent £296, Service charge £85, Mortgage £527*
Calculated using a representative rate of 3.94%
Calculate estimated monthly costs
- Your household income does not exceed £80,000 (outside of London) and £90,000 (inside of London)
- You have a deposit of at least 5% of the share value
- You do not own another property or have your name on the deeds or a mortgage for a property worldwide.
- This will be your only residence.
- You are a permanent UK resident or have indefinite right to remain.
A wonderful 1 bedroom ground floor apartment, available through shared ownership in Wokingham
Brand new 1 bedroom apartment on the Emmbrook Place Development in Wokingham. The price advertised represents purchasing a 45% share of the home.
About the Home
This plot is a wonderful 1 bedroom ground floor apartment. The plot enters to an L shaped hallway. Ahead there is a large storage cupboard and to the left you have the three piece bathroom with shower over bath. At the end of the hall you are presented with the spacious bedroom and the large Kitchen/Dining/Living room with French doors onto private patio.
About the Development
Emmbrook Place is a brand new development of shared ownership apartments, situated in the highly sought-after and historic town of Wokingham. Located just over a mile from the heart of the town and the redeveloped train station, Emmbrook Place is well placed for a wide range of high street stores, independent retailers, an open-air market, cafés, pubs, restaurants and entertainment venues.
About the Area
The area benefits from excellent state and private schools, while for keeping fit, there are sports clubs, gyms and leisure centres, plus a host of golf courses, parks and green open spaces. For further work, retail and leisure opportunities, Reading is less than 12 miles away, while many delightful towns and villages are within easy reach, including Henley-on-Thames, Eton and Sonning.
About Shared Ownership
The Shared Ownership scheme is a Part Buy, Part Rent way of owning your own home for a smaller up front payment. With Shared Ownership, you buy a share of your home using a mortgage from a bank or building society and pay a subsidised rent on the share you did not purchase. The combined mortgage and rent is usually less than you’d expect to pay if you bought a similar property outright.
The minimum initial share you can purchase is 25% and the maximum initial share is 75% of the properties full market value. When you’re ready, you can buy more shares until you staircase to owning 100% of your home.
*Please note images are for information purposes only and may not represent a true likeness for the units being sold. Some or all images have been digitally furnished to represent how the home could be laid out and the final colours/appearance may differ from the images.
- ground floor 1 bedroom apartment
- Flooring thoughout
- Storage space
- 3 piece bathroom with shower over bath
- spacious Kitchen/Living/Dining area
- Integrated Hob
- French doors leading to private patio
- Estimated Service charge £130.72pcm
Property DownloadsFloor Plan Energy Certificate
The ‘Estimated total monthly cost’ for a Shared Ownership property consists of three separate elements added together, rent, service charge and mortgage.
- Rent: this is charged on the share you do not own and is usually payable to a housing association (rent is not generally payable on shared equity schemes)
- Service Charge: covers maintenance costs for the property as a whole and communal areas
- Mortgage: Share to Buy ltd are specialist Shared Ownership mortgage brokers and we use a database of daily updated mortgage rates to work out the lowest rate available for the deposit amount shown, and then generate an estimated monthly payment on a 25 year capital repayment basis.
NB: this mortgage estimate is not confirmation that you can obtain a mortgage and you will also need to satisfy the requirements of the relevant mortgage lender. Nor is this a guarantee that in practice you would be able to apply for such a rate, and nor is this a recommendation that the rate used would be the best product for you.
Share percentage 45%, full price £235,000, £5,288 Min Deposit. Calculated using a representative rate of 3.94%