3 bedroom house for sale
Blainsway Avenue, HP23 4JY
Share percentage 25%, full price £525,000, £13,125 Min Deposit.
Share percentage 25%, full price £525,000, £13,125 Min Deposit.
Monthly Cost: £1,647
Rent £902, Service charge £106, Mortgage £639*
Calculated using a representative rate of 4.24%
Calculate estimated monthly costs
To be eligible for a home at The Icknield Way, you'll need to:
- Have a combined household income under £80,000 per annum
- Not already own a property, or part of a property, at the time of completing on your purchase
- Be unable to purchase a suitable home to meet your housing needs on the open market
- Have a minimum of £5,000 to cover the costs of buying a home
- Eligible buyers must also be registered with Help to Buy
If you don't meet the eligibility criteria for this development, you may still qualify for a shared ownership purchase at one of our others, so take a look at our website for more information
Just released, Icknield Way in Tring, Hertfordshire compromises of two bed Shared Ownership apartments & coach houses and three bed houses. Register today!
Welcome to Icknield Way
A contemporary collection of 2 & 3 bedroom homes available forShared Ownership, offering you the chance to get on the property ladder and own a beautiful home which has been built to the highest standards.
Plot 41 is a 83.3 square metre semi-detached 3 bedroom house with a garden and space for parking, available to buy with Shared Ownership.
- Full Market Value: £525,000
- 25% Share Value: £131,250
- 10% deposit of 25%: £13,125
- Rent on unowned share: £902
- Service Charge: £106 per month
- Council Tax: TBC*
Set on the edge of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the historic market town of Tring offers peaceful country living within easy commuting distance of London. With excellent connections, including under 45 minute travel time to London Euston and direct routes to Oxford and Cambridge, you really are at the centre of it all.
When you’re ready to explore all that Tring has to offer, you can take advantage of the local football, cricket, hockey and golf clubs, together with a sports and leisure centre. Or enjoy the green spaces in the town itself and the nearby College Lake Nature Reserve is a great day out. Or head in the opposite direction and explore Wendover Woods. Wherever you choose to explore, you’ll truly feel at home being surrounded by some of England’s most beautiful countryside.
Your new home is surrounded by local amenities, including the choice of supermarkets and local shops, a post office, schools, pharmacy and doctors’ surgery on hand. There is even a pop-up cinema nearby that is perfect to spend your weekends at! No wonder Tring is such a desirable area to get on the property ladder.
Legal & General Affordable Homes is offering a uniqueopportunity to purchase a new home here through Shared Ownership. Thanks to this scheme, you can own your own home with a lower deposit than is required to buy outright or with other buying schemes.
Local Area - Options in every direction
You will never be bored living at Icknield Way as the surrounding area is full of interesting places to visit and fun things to do such as the Rogue Racing Go-Kart centre at Aylesbury and Whipsnade Zoo for example. Aylesbury has a bowling alley too, together with waterside theatre and an impressive shopping arcade, while Berkhamsted boasts its very own castle and a country estate at Ashridge House that used to be home to Henry VIII.
The Chilterns are on your doorstep and Tring was originally an easy passing place through the hills. This Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is full of hiking and cycle trails, historic buildings and delightful tea rooms. And you don’t have to travel very much further to reach the Cotswolds with its picturesque villages (and not to mention the designer bargains at Bicester!)
Imaging spending your weekends exploring the historic colleges and gourmet restaurants of Cambridge or the next enjoying a day at the races in Newmarket. Living at Icknield Way, you’ll never run out of exciting new experiences to enjoy both near and far.
With direct trains in under 45 minutes into London Euston and direct trains to Milton Keynes, you really are perfectly placed. Tring railway station is located just outside the town and there is also an excellent bus service to local destinations and across Hertfordshire.
The A41 runs close to the town, linking you directly to the M40 (for Oxford and Birmingham) and the M25 (for connections to the M1 and national motorway network).
Ready to explore further afield? The nearest airport is Luton, but Stansted is also handy and Heathrow is easy to reach via the M25. Yet perhaps the best form of transport is to pull on your walking shoes or take your bike and spend a leisurely afternoon following the towpath alongside the nearby Grand Union Canal.
The first phase of homes at Icknield Way will be ready to move into from Winter 2022.
For more information and to stay informed of updates please register your interest today.
WHAT IS SHARED OWNERSHIP?
Shared Ownership is a more affordable way to have the security and stability of owning your own home. Shared Ownership is a government backed part buy/part rent scheme designed to help you take that first step on the property ladder. The scheme enables buyers to purchase a share of the value of the home - this is usually between 40 to 75 percent of the value of the property - and pay a subsidised rent on the remaining portion. You have the option to buy a bigger share in the property at a later date (known as Staircasing).
Legal & General Affordable Homes are a Registered Provider offering these apartments for sale on a Shared Ownership basis. We are creating communities to live, grow and flourish and are committed to removing the stress and anxiety associated with moving house, whilst delivering customer satisfaction and quality new homes.
Council Tax: TBC
Council tax bands are often not released until the property is complete. If you need any guidance, please get in touch with our Sales Consultants otherwise the local authority or the developer may be able to help.
NB: Exterior images are of the 2 bed Coach Houses and 2 bed Apartments at Icknield Way
• Shaker style kitchen in cashmere with chrome handles
• Coordinating laminate worktop with matching upstand
• Stainless steel splashback to hob in plots 22 to 24 only
• Stainless steel 1½ bowl sink with Blanco chrome
• Indesit electric single oven, gas hob and chimney hood
• Indesit integrated fridge/freezer
• Indesit integrated washing machine
• Indesit integrated dishwasher
• Roca contemporary white close coupled toilet and basin
• Vado chrome tap
• Splashback tiling to basin
• Roca contemporary white bathroom suite comprising
bath, close coupled WC, pedestal basin with
• Glass shower screen to bath
• Vado thermostatic shower valve and bath taps to bath
• Johnsons large format wall tiling to bath and
splashback tiling to basin area
• Chrome heated towel rail
• Wood effect vinyl flooring to kitchen or kitchen/dining,
cloakroom and bathroom
• Grey wool twist carpet to hall, stairs, landing, living
room or living/dining room and bedrooms
• White UPVC double glazed windows
• Walls, ceilings, architraves and skirtings painted white
• White grooved internal doors with chrome lever on rose
• Gas central heating via Combi boiler and white
• NHBC 12 year build warranty
• Door bell
• LED downlighters to kitchen and bathroom
• Light to cloakroom
• Pendant lighting to all other areas
• White sockets and switches
• TV socket to living room and master bedroom
• Telephone point to hall, living room and master bedroom
• Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
• Extractor fan to bathroom
• Shaver socket to bathroom
• Light to front and rear elevation
• Two parking bays to all plots except 22 and 23
• Two car ports to plots 22 and 23
• Paved patio area
• Turf to rear garden
• Timber fencing to rear garden
We take every care to ensure that the correct information is provided. The company
employs a policy of continuous improvement and reserves the right to alter or
amend the specification at any time and is subject to change.
Council Tax Band: New build - Council tax band to be determined
Property DownloadsFloor Plan Brochure Price List
The ‘estimated total monthly cost’ for a Shared Ownership property consists of three separate elements added together: rent, service charge and mortgage.
- Rent: This is charged on the share you do not own and is usually payable to a housing association (rent is not generally payable on shared equity schemes).
- Service Charge: Covers maintenance and repairs for communal areas within your development.
- Mortgage: Share to Buy use a database of mortgage rates to work out the rate likely to be available for the deposit amount shown, and then generate an estimated monthly plan on a 25 year capital repayment basis.
NB: This mortgage estimate is not confirmation that you can obtain a mortgage and you will need to satisfy the requirements of the relevant mortgage lender. This is not a guarantee that in practice you would be able to apply for such a rate, nor is this a recommendation that the rate used would be the best product for you.
Share percentage 25%, full price £525,000, £13,125 Min Deposit. Calculated using a representative rate of 4.24%