Share Price £105,000 (from 30% Min. Share)
Full Value £350,000 | £5,250 Min. Deposit
Scheme: Shared OwnershipUnder offer
Maxwell Place - 2 bed apartment in Borehamwood - Hertfordshire
place Elstree Way, WD6 1JE
NOW UNDER OFFER - last two bedroom home in Borehamwood
Priority will be given to those who live and/or work in Hertsmere District Council but applicants from other areas may apply.
What is Shared Ownership?
Shared Ownership is an excellent way for people to take their first step onto the property ladder. You buy a share of between 25% and 75% of the property’s value and pay a subsidised rent on the remaining share. A key advantage is that, as part-owner, you have a security of tenure that renting cannot offer. Over time, you can buy more of the property until you own 100%.
You will need a small deposit at the outset – generally a minimum of 5% of your share, subject to conditions – and you will need to raise a mortgage on the rest of the sum required.
Am I eligible?
There are certain conditions to be eligible for a Shared Ownership property:
• You must be at least 18 years old.
• You cannot afford to buy a home suitable for your needs on the open market. You will need sufficient savings for a mortgage deposit and a clean credit history to qualify for a mortgage.
• Your annual household income must be less than £80,000.
• You must be a first time buyer or existing shared owner*. If you already own a home, you need to move but you cannot afford to, then please discuss your situation with us. There are some circumstances under which you could be eligible.
In line with government priorities, priority for Shared Ownership homes is awarded to serving military personnel and former members of the British Armed Forces honourably discharged in the last two years. People who live or work in the local area also receive priority. We welcome applications from everyone and will try and help if we can.
*If you have a property to sell, we are happy to accept your reservation provided that you have a complete and secure chain and are in a position to purchase a home within our required deadlines. We will ask you for a memorandum of sale confirming details of your buyer, their solicitors and the estate agent handling the sale.
Don't miss out on the following incentive:
£750 contribution (*terms and conditions apply)
Situated in the leafy town of Borehamwood, Maxwell Place is close to the beautiful scenery of the Hertfordshire countryside, yet only a 25-minute train journey from central London.*
Maxwell Place benefits from a park at the rear of the development, as well as considered communal landscaping that creates a peaceful atmosphere in keeping with the surrounding area.
Each home has a dedicated car parking space and offers thoughtfully designed internal finishes. Warm oak flooring complements modern kitchens with integrated appliances and white bathrooms with feature tiling create a light and relaxing atmosphere.
To see a 3D tour of the Maxwell Place apartments please copy the below links into your browser:
To register your interest or for any other enquiries please contact the Customer Service Team – Sales on:-
T: 020 7378 5638
For further details on Shared Ownership please visit myclarionhousing.com/sharedownership
These prices are to be used as a guideline only as they may change.
The £750 contribution is subject to terms and conditions.
- Excellent transport links with London St Pancras accessible in just 25-minutes*.
- A range of lifestyle amenities nearby including high street shopping, a leisure centre, a cinema as well as lively pubs, cafes and restaurants.
- Aldenham Country Park is nearby offering a 175-acre woodland park with play areas and activities for all ages.
- Modern white gloss kitchens with integrated appliances.
- Private dedicated parking space.
*Journey times are calculated from Elstree & Borehamwood station to London St Pancras, based on National Rail data at the time of writing.
Download DocumentsProperty brochure 1 Property price list
F – General Needs
General needs housing does not meet any of the above criteria. Properties in this category will have more than four steps or a ramp access that is steeper than 1:10 to access the property front door. These properties should be marketed with the number of steps to access the property as this will provide an additional factor for helping people choosing what to bid for.