Full Price £345,000 (with 20% Equity Loan)
Minimum deposit: £17,250
Scheme: Help to Buycheck_circle Available now
Rutherford Fields - 3 bed house in Leighton Buzzard - Bedfordshire
place Swales Drive, LU7 4FH
Stylish and Contemporary 3 Bed Family Home starting from £342,500
You may be eligible for this property if:
- You have a gross household income of no more than £80,000 per annum.
- You are unable to purchase a suitable home to meet your housing needs on the open market.
- You do not already own a home or you will have sold your current home before you purchase or rent.
Our marketing suites are back open for appointments. Contact us to book an appointment !
Rutherford Fields has a big story to tell and that is because it used to be home to one of the country’s most closely guarded secrets; RAF Stanbridge.
Originally called RAF Leighton Buzzard, this picturesque site nestled in the heart of the Bedfordshire countryside played a key role as a global communications centre throughout WWII and crucially during D-Day and the Battle of Britain.
Established in 1936, the original RAF Leighton Buzzard base was created to be the main Central Exchange and Wireless Telegraph station for the RAF’s telephone and telegraph network.
Today, the village of Stanbridge enjoys the peace and tranquility of rural living, but the fascinating history of Rutherford Fields uncovers an era filled with top secrets and covert communication.
To anyone passing, this small and unassuming RAF base was like any other, but when its true identity was finally revealed, it was named as one of the most important logistical locations in the world.
• Contemporary kitchen units with elegant chrome handles
• Laminate worktop with matching upstands
• Stainless steel bowl and half sink with Hansgrohe mixer tap
• Stainless steel double oven, 5 ring gas hob and extractor hood
• Stainless steel splashback to hob
• Integrated washing machine
• Integrated fridge freezer
• Low voltage LED downlights
• LED under unit lighting
• Wooden flooring
• White finish to all walls
• White internal doors
• Chrome internal door furniture
• Wooden flooring
• Stylish white sanitary ware with chrome fittings
• Thermostatic wall mounted shower over bath
• Heated towel rail
• Glass screen to bath
• Shaver socket
• Minoli tiles
• Turf to front & rear garden
• Exterior lighting
Download DocumentsLink to the floor plan Property brochure 1 Property price list
F – General Needs
General needs housing does not meet any of the above criteria. Properties in this category will have more than four steps or a ramp access that is steeper than 1:10 to access the property front door. These properties should be marketed with the number of steps to access the property as this will provide an additional factor for helping people choosing what to bid for.