Shared Ownership in South Gloucestershire
Across England, the Government supports a range of schemes to support affordable home ownership. All official schemes outside London fall under the homebuy brand of government backed affordable home ownership. The most established scheme is shared ownership, otherwise known as part buy part rent but there are also shared equity schemes (e.g. Firstbuy), and rental products, including rent to buy. For more detail on the specific homebuy schemes available in South Gloucestershire click on the tabs at the bottom of the page. In addition, at sharetobuy.com there are a range of options open to people wishing to research their affordable housing options:
- To search for shared ownership properties for sale in South Gloucestershire, use the search tool on the left hand side of the page or click here to go straight to search results in South Gloucestershire. If you cannot find anything that suits your needs at this time we are constantly adding properties and you can register to receive property alerts whenever we do so.
- If you are looking for a shared ownership solicitor in South Gloucestershire, you can find solicitors on the sharetobuy.com panel with huge experience of the various homebuy schemes.
- Share to buy are also authorised mortgage brokers and you can use our mortgage tool to compare products available for part buy part rent purchases. See our shared ownership mortgages.
Search for properties in South Gloucestershire
These are examples of properties that are currently available in South Gloucestershire. Click here to search for all properties in South Gloucestershire.
minimum share £44,975 (50%)Full price £89,950
100 Fishpond Road, Bristol , BS5 6SD
Affinity Sutton is delighted to offer a 2 bedroom re-sale apartment available on a part buy, part rent basis
Affordable housing scheme: resales ('part buy part rent' on 2nd hand homes).Check eligibility
You may be eligible for this property if:
- You have a gross household income of no more than £60,000 per annum.
- You are unable to purchase a suitable home to meet your housing needs on the open market.
- You do not already own a home or you will have sold your current home before you purchase or rent.
7th March 2014
We are able to confirm it now looks like we will have a total of 30 stands on display at the FIRST STEPS Homes Show on April 12th, which Share to Buy is once again hosting in central London.
This is a FREE event formally endorsed by the Mayor of London which includes a whole range of London-based affordable housing providers PLUS a broker area with around 30 mortgage specialists on hand for a one-to-one discussion with attendees. This compares to 23 stands and 12 brokers last year. To read more about the show and register click here
17th February 2014
Join us at London's major event for first time buyers. The FIRST STEPS Homes Show Spring 2014 brings together London's major providers of low cost home ownership properties along with mortgage brokers and legal experts - and is FREE to attend.
Part buy part rent in South Gloucestershire
The longest-running affordable home ownership scheme is 'shared ownership', and this is often referred to as 'part buy part rent' because you literally buy part of a property and then pay rent on the remainder. Thus, the product can be seen as literally offering a stepping stone between renting and buying. When you part rent part buy a home, the share can start from as little as 25% and the rent on the remaining share is usually capped at an affordable amount usually in the region of 2.75%. If you consider that availability of mortgages with a 5% deposit has historically been strong in the shared ownership scheme, you can potentially put down just 5% of 25% of the purchase price and as you may often not have to pay the purchase tax known as stamp duty, it makes the total cash you need typically far lower than buying on the open market. Another strong feature of the part buy scheme in South Gloucestershire and elsewhere is that there is an established second hand market of part buy part rent homes. Although most properties are available on a new build basis, over time, these properties can be sold on to new buyers and if the owner has not yet bought 100% of the property they can offer their existing share for sale on a second hand basis in a process known as a 'resale'. Search sharetobuy.com for part buy part rent properties in South Gloucestershire and across England.
South Gloucestershire is a unitary district in the county of Gloucestershire. South Gloucestershire is a major transport hub where the M4 and M5 motorways meet. Other major routes include the A38, the Avon Ring Road and part of the M32.
There are a number of shared ownership and Help to Buy properties in South Gloucestershire.