Share to Buy and SO Resi discuss buying a home during COVID-19 In the sixth instalment of the Share to Buy Expert Sessions, we’ll be joined Violet Pugh (Digital Marketing Manager) and Julie Shail (Regional Head of Sales for North Region) from SO Resi. Taking place on Thursday 11th June at 5pm, Navigating your homeownership…
Share to Buy Ltd (“Share to Buy”, we or us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Share to Buy Ltd of Share to Buy, PO Box 11998, Sudbury, CO10 3BS.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide to us. You may provide us with information by filling in forms on our website(s) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for an account or subscribe, contact housing providers or selling agents via forms or phone numbers made available on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, provide feedback and/or when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address and phone number, as well as information that will help housing providers or selling agents process your enquiries and/or send you relevant marketing.
- Information we collect about you. When you visit our website(s) we may automatically collect information about your computer, including your IP address, information about your visit, your browsing history, and how you use our website(s). This information may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use the other services we provide, such as our mortgage brokerage. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, service providers, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. This information may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
Fulfilling your requests
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from;
- to administer any promotion or competition that you enter via our website(s); and
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- to provide you or selected third parties to provide you (via us), with information about goods or services that may interest you; in the form of property alerts, newsletters and general housing provider or service provider promotions;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, which may be based on your activity on our website or third parties’ websites; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them, which may be based on your activity on our website or third parties’ websites.
Service improvements and account management:
- to notify you about changes to our service and to send you service emails relating to your account;
- to administer our website(s) and for internal business administration and operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to provide information and services to estate agents that allow them to monitor and benchmark their own performance; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our website(s) safe and secure
- to inform you of Share to Buy events, i.e. the London Home Show
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks and other third parties that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website(s). Your personal information is generally shared in a form that does not directly identify you.
We may also share your personal information with third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, along with its professional advisers. If Share to Buy Ltd, is acquired by a third party, personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If required in order to obtain professional advice.
Where we store your personal information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Only employees who need access to your information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. We may require you to co-operate with our security checks before we disclose information to you. If you are a registered user, you can update the personal information that you give us at any time by viewing your User Account.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, unsubscribing via any marketing emails we send or amending your details in your Share to Buy User Account.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates or other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Shared Ownership Week
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. To request your right of access, please Contact us or write to us at: Share to Buy, PO Box 11998, Sudbury, CO10 3BS
Updated September 2019
L&Q’s Saxon Reach development offers discounts for essential workers Housing Association L&Q is launching a new initiative to support essential workers during the coronavirus pandemic, offering a £5,000 reduction on all homes at their Milton Keynes development, Saxon Reach. The Keyworker Campaign will be on offer to all workers in essential sectors, with the reduction applying to homes available through both Shared Ownership…
Free webinar discussing Shared Ownership and COVID-19 On Tuesday 2nd June, we held the fifth instalment of our new webinar series. Shared Ownership Explained was hosted by Share to Buy’s Jade Turnstill, and Sherene Taylor (Marketing Manager) and James MacPhail (Senior New Homes Sales Manager) from Southern Home Ownership. You can watch a recording of…
Share to Buy and Southern Home Ownership discuss Shared Ownership In the fifth instalment of the Share to Buy Expert Sessions, we’ll be joined Sherene Taylor (Marketing Manager) and James MacPhail (Senior New Homes Sales Manager) from Southern Home Ownership. Taking place on Tuesday 2nd June at 5pm, Shared Ownership Explained will see Southern’s team discussing…