No matter where you are in the UK, Shared Ownership can help you to take those important first steps onto the property ladder! Check out some of the latest new build and resale homes listed on Share to Buy with properties available all across the country. Shared Ownership homes in London Lomond House by Clarion Housing. One…
Staircasing Mortgage Agreement in Principle
Staircasing agreement in principle or full application
Submit an agreement in principle application for your Staircasing mortgage to the Share to Buy mortgage team if you are ready to buy more shares in your Shared Ownership home.
If you are just researching the potential to staircase, but have not yet began the process, you can use our Shared Ownership Staircasing calculator and submit an agreement in principle further down the line.
How it works
- You submit personal details about each applicant using our secure online agreement in principle application form.
- We will respond with illustrations for mortgages that you may be able to apply for, ideally showing you a range of competitively priced options.
- At this point, we will not have run any credit checks and when we send you the illustrations there is no obligation to proceed any further.
- If you like one of the options, you can request an agreement in principle from the lender and this may involve a credit check but we would only conduct a credit check with your explicit consent.
- If you pass the initial check and have not yet had an offer accepted on a property, you can now provide proof that you should be able to obtain a mortgage. If you have had an offer accepted, you can log back in to complete a ‘full application’, i.e. providing property details, solicitor etc. We will then arrange the mortgage for you right up to completion, taking care of any paperwork or fees (where appropriate) and keeping you regularly updated as to developments.
- There is no fee for submitting the agreement in principle application.
- An agreement in principle is not binding on either you or the lender and is always subject to, amongst other items, valuation of the property and proof of income.
Start Staircasing by applying for an agreement in principle or contact our specialist mortgage team.
You’ve been looking into Shared Ownership and think it might be the right scheme for you… but then you hear some things on the grapevine that unsettle you. There’s no family homes, just tiny starter flats. It’s impossible to get a mortgage and even if you do, you’ll have to share your new abode with…
No matter where you are in the UK, Shared Ownership can help you to take those important first steps onto the property ladder! Check out some of the latest new build and resale homes listed on Share to Buy with properties available all across the country. Shared Ownership homes in Devon Hayne Farm by Heylo. Three and…
Data from a recent survey from Share to Buy shows that getting on the property ladder when they grow up is a priority for under 10s in the UK, with three quarters of kids confirming they would like to purchase their own home when they’re older. The national survey of one thousand six to ten…