After four years of dating, Sean and Laura made the decision to live together – they found an ideal flat to rent in Ealing and moved in straight away. Sean says: “We were very happy in our rental flat. We’d been living there for about a year and then one day the landlord told us he…
Staircasing Mortgage Agreement in Principle
Staircasing agreement in principle or full application
Submit an agreement in principle application for your Staircasing mortgage to the Share to Buy mortgage team if you are ready to buy more shares in your Shared Ownership home.
If you are just researching the potential to staircase, but have not yet began the process, you can use our Shared Ownership Staircasing calculator and submit an agreement in principle further down the line.
How it works
- You submit personal details about each applicant using our secure online agreement in principle application form.
- We will respond with illustrations for mortgages that you may be able to apply for, ideally showing you a range of competitively priced options.
- At this point, we will not have run any credit checks and when we send you the illustrations there is no obligation to proceed any further.
- If you like one of the options, you can request an agreement in principle from the lender and this may involve a credit check but we would only conduct a credit check with your explicit consent.
- If you pass the initial check and have not yet had an offer accepted on a property, you can now provide proof that you should be able to obtain a mortgage. If you have had an offer accepted, you can log back in to complete a ‘full application’, i.e. providing property details, solicitor etc. We will then arrange the mortgage for you right up to completion, taking care of any paperwork or fees (where appropriate) and keeping you regularly updated as to developments.
- There is no fee for submitting the agreement in principle application.
- An agreement in principle is not binding on either you or the lender and is always subject to, amongst other items, valuation of the property and proof of income.
Start Staircasing by applying for an agreement in principle or contact our specialist mortgage team.
Since 2012, East London has seen growth and investment that has lasted long after the end of the London Olympics seven years ago. Among the areas that have seen steady growth in property prices is Bromley-by-Bow in the Lower Lea Valley. Multi-million pound investment and a detailed masterplan is changing the face of Bow, creating…
No matter where you are in the UK, Shared Ownership can help you to take those important first steps onto the property ladder! Check out some of the latest new build and resale homes listed on Share to Buy with properties available all across the country. Shared Ownership homes in London Malvern House by Hexagon Housing. One bedroom Shared…
Wandsworth, the city’s greenest borough, not only benefits from the cheapest council tax in the UK, but also has a staggering 45 conservation areas* – with city professionals and young families alike flocking to the riverside neighbourhood for the leafy streets and convenient transport links. With average home prices in Wandsworth projected to increase 15%…