Guest Blog – Southern Home Ownership: Southern Home Ownership is a proud sponsor of the London Home Show, in partnership with Share to Buy. As a leading provider of Shared Ownership properties, our vision is to help purchasers step on or move up the property ladder in a choice of excellent locations. Offering everything from…
Staircasing Mortgage Agreement in Principle
Staircasing agreement in principle or full application
Submit an agreement in principle application for your Staircasing mortgage to the Share to Buy mortgage team if you are ready to buy more shares in your Shared Ownership home.
If you are just researching the potential to staircase, but have not yet began the process, you can use our Shared Ownership Staircasing calculator and submit an agreement in principle further down the line.
How it works
- You submit personal details about each applicant using our secure online agreement in principle application form.
- We will respond with illustrations for mortgages that you may be able to apply for, ideally showing you a range of competitively priced options.
- At this point, we will not have run any credit checks and when we send you the illustrations there is no obligation to proceed any further.
- If you like one of the options, you can request an agreement in principle from the lender and this may involve a credit check but we would only conduct a credit check with your explicit consent.
- If you pass the initial check and have not yet had an offer accepted on a property, you can now provide proof that you should be able to obtain a mortgage. If you have had an offer accepted, you can log back in to complete a ‘full application’, i.e. providing property details, solicitor etc. We will then arrange the mortgage for you right up to completion, taking care of any paperwork or fees (where appropriate) and keeping you regularly updated as to developments.
- There is no fee for submitting the agreement in principle application.
- An agreement in principle is not binding on either you or the lender and is always subject to, amongst other items, valuation of the property and proof of income.
Start Staircasing by applying for an agreement in principle or contact our specialist mortgage team.
Guest Blog – L&Q: PricedIn Living Dedicated to helping first time buyers take their first step onto the property ladder, L&Q has launched its PricedIn Living campaign, to demonstrate how buyers can settle in with Shared Ownership – an alternative route onto the housing ladder. With lower deposits available on developments across London and the South…
Guest Blog – Help to Buy London: Looking to buy your new home in London? Then come along to the London Home Show in Westminster on Saturday 3rd March. The Help to Buy London team will be there to answer your questions and offer advice. Who are Help to Buy London? We are the Government…
Guest Blog – Clarion Housing: Shared Ownership holds the key for locked out house hunters. Tim Seward, Director of Sales & Marketing at Clarion. The housing crisis is at the very top of the political agenda today, with the Prime Minister declaring recently that it is her ‘personal mission’ to fix the problem and ‘restore the…